Senior Quantity Surveyor
Within the Housing and Communities area of the Neighbourhoods Directorate, on a day to day basis we operationally deliver 130,000 repairs to Council homes, undertake over 50 million pounds of internal and external refurbishments including day to day repairs to our properties. We deal with on average 8,000 reports of anti-social behaviour and make 20 million waste collections.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor within the Asset Management and Maintenance area of the Housing and Communities function, you will be a key part of the Investment Team, responsible for the commercial management of the Housing Revenue Account Investment Programme.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor your work will involve:
- Managing employees involved in the commercial management of contracts
- The preparation and letting of contracts for goods, services and works
- Being responsible for ensuring best value
- Ensuring that the most economical methods of procurement are used
- To assist, monitor and review all activities relating to commercial management and procurement
- Keeping up to date with the latest procurement and quantity surveying developments
- Producing reports to Sandwell’s Cabinet
- Ensuring compliance with Sandwell MBC Contract Procedure Rules and Financial Regulations
We would love to hear from applicants who can demonstrate:
- Excellent commercial awareness
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Experience in Housing Refurbishment and Maintenance
- Experience in managing a commercial team
- Knowledge of relevant forms of Building contract, health and safety legislation and rules of measurement
- Experience of using standard office software including spreadsheets, word processing and data base
- Ability to work under pressure, organise your own workload and meet deadline
The successful candidate will require a degree or equivalent qualification in a building related discipline and 5 years previous experience within Public or Private sector with responsibility for procurement of projects.
This is an important role for Sandwell and if you are up for the challenge of improving our Asset Management capability we would love to hear from you.
If you wish to have an informal chat about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Jonathan Rawlins – Business Manager, Asset Management and Maintenance, Housing and Communities on 0121 569 5045 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Information for Applicants