Project & Performance Officer
Sandwell Consortium runs a number of programmes, projects and services either through its members and wider delivery partners or directly.
BBO is a multi-million pound funding programme which matches money from the European Social Fund (ESF) and Big Lottery Fund (BLF) to tackle poverty and social exclusion faced by the most disadvantaged people in England.
Sandwell Consortium are one of the delivery partners responsible for the provision of employment support across the Black Country through two strands services for residents over 24 and support to families.
Our work will support the most disadvantaged and residents in a range of community and outreach settings across Sandwell. Services are delivered primarily through Consortium members.
In addition, funded through a grant agreement with Sandwell Council, Sandwell Consortium is responsible for the provision of ESOL provision delivered through the Better Health Programme, and Advice to vulnerable adults across Sandwell in a range of community & outreach settings, Services are provided primarily through Consortium members/delivery partners.
The Projects & Performance Officers role will be to ensure that all our programmes and projects are effective, efficient and of a quality that meets high quality service standards. Primarily the role will focus on the coordination and monitoring of member delivered services, and day to day of the BBO, Advice and Better Health Programmes. The post holder will work closely with delivery partners to support them to meet the monitoring and compliance responsibilities of the funder and the programme.
Areas of Work
- To manage the day to day operation of the BBO, Advice and Better Health programmes to ensure the Consortium achieves the targets set by our funders.
- To help develop monitoring and compliance systems, processes and procedures to ensure effective management and reporting of the programme’s outputs and results in line with funder’s requirements.
- To work closely and collaboratively with all Members and delivery partners to ensure their understanding of, and adherence to, their schedule of deliverables and associated key dates of submission of evidence.
- To ensure the input of data into appropriate management information systems ensuring funders deadlines are met, ensuring all data is accurate and correct.
- To support with processing and auditing monthly financial claims
- To support and monitor delivery partners work to rectify any issues or discrepancies in data & information quality
- To manage participant referral processes in accordance with funders requirements and to maximise the quality of service and impact of programmes.
- To monitor progress of members and partner through visits and regular contact.
- To review monitoring information and submissions to funders
- To offer advice and capacity-building to members and partners to enable them to meet their delivery responsibilities and contractual targets
- To identify, nurture and share good working practices, across the Consortium.
- To effectively communicate with member organisations, staff and external delivery partners.
- To undertake formal performance monitoring, compliance, financial and quality audits of services, with the support of the Operations Manager
- To support with the audit of projects, ensuring we are meeting the compliance requirements set by the funders
- To support the Operations Manager in arranging and facilitating regular programme and project specific meetings including advising on Agenda, and reports.
- To manage delivery risks highlight any potential concerns, or issues to the Operations Manager and to provide support to mitigate or avoid them.
- To support the Operations Manager to ensure the Consortium stays on track and meets required delivery outputs, outcomes and results, within budget and to time.
- To ensure management information and reporting systems are up to date and used effectively.
- To support opportunities for further and future funding, by providing data, and research to support bids, tenders and funding applications.
- To carry out any other BBO and non-BBO duties which are reasonably deemed to be consistent with the demands and responsibilities of this role.
This job description is not exhaustive. It is a guide to the work the post will initially be required to undertake and may be reviewed to meet changing needs of the Consortium.