Heritage Programme Officer - Ref: RT62520
It is an exciting time for the heritage sector in Walsall as the Council has successfully secured National Lottery Heritage Funding (NLHF) to develop a new heritage action plan to proactively deliver economic and community improvements and reach new, more diverse audiences.
We are now seeking to appoint the key post for delivering on our heritage ambitions. If successful, you will champion Walsall’s heritage across the authority working with elected members, key partners and local people to make a real difference. We are looking for candidates who excel in driving forward new areas of work and with a passion for heritage and conservation.
Job Title: Heritage Programme Officer (External Funding) - Ref: RT62520
Location: Walsall Council Civic Centre (with homeworking)
Salary: £37,516 - £42,398
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract until 30th September 2023
Closing date: 1st November 2020.
Interviews: 9th November 2020.
Working under the direction of the External Funding and Business Development Manager the post holder will:
- Champion and lead on the management of a National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF) project that will rebuild heritage capacity within Walsall, and establish a vibrant heritage sector, which is integrated into Walsall’s overall vision and transformation.
- Be responsible for the commissioning, development and implementation of a new Heritage Strategy and Action Plan that focusses delivery against Council priorities and succeeds in bringing significant amounts of new external funding into Walsall.
- Develop strong relationships with the Voluntary, Private and Commercial Sectors across Walsall and beyond, to support the delivery of the Heritage Plan.
- Manage a pilot Community Grant Fund and work closely with other officers and partners to identify and develop further project and grant funding opportunities.
In addition to your general project management experience, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Significant knowledge of the heritage sector
- Outstanding skills in creating partnership and advocacy
- Your ability to work independently in a demanding service environment
- Demonstrable budget management experience.
- A clear understanding of the requirements of external funded programmes.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Kaye Davies, External Funding & Business Development Manager via 07908161384 or email@example.com
This post is covered by the Government’s Code of Practice on the English Language Fluency Duty for public sector workers. The postholder will be required to communicate verbally with customers and provide advice and/or information in accurate spoken English.