Supervising Social Worker
7 days left
Salary £27,378 - £36,674 per annum depending on experience
37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team and a growing fostering service in Sandwell where you will be able to contribute to achieving positive results for young people.
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental or foster home.
About the Role
As a Supervising Social Worker, you will contribute to the growth and development of St Christopher’s fostering services by playing a key role in the recruitment, training and assessment of foster carers and by building positive relationships with referring authorities and other professionals.
Applicants should have:
- CQSW, DipSW, BA Social Work or equivalent professional qualification, and registration with the Health and Care Professions Care Council (HCPC).
- Significant experience of working in fostering or adoption, including direct experience of carrying out Form F Assessments.
- Knowledge of relevant child care legislation.
- Ability to manage your caseload effectively and to plan and priorities work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, motivation and team work skills.
- Ability to travel independently to all areas required by job responsibilities.
- Passion for building brighter futures for vulnerable young people and delivering the highest quality services possible.
In return we offer:
- Salary £27,378 - £36,674 per annum, depending on experience.
- Flexible working arrangements
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website.
Closing date: 1st November 2020
First interview date: 9th November 2020
Second interview date: 13th November 2020
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from males and older candidates, who are currently under-represented within St Christopher’s Fellowship.