Team Leader – Residential Home – Great Barr
Young People 12 - 17 years old
Salary £23,859.23 per annum, rising incrementally to £26,820.55 based on performance
40 hours per week, shift work
Great Barr (B43)
We are looking to recruit a team leader to our children’s home in West Midlands. Share our passion and take your career to a whole new level in this exciting and unique opportunity.
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing children’s homes, fostering and a range of innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our children and young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for our children and young people.
At St Christopher`s we provide more than just a job in residential care. We offer an industry leading training programme, access to qualifications, with a range of employee benefits and of course wider career progression: we have a fantastic support structure in place and are proud that 84% of all our Team Leaders, Deputies and Managers are internal promotions.
About the Role
As Team Leader, you will be directly involved in overseeing the home and providing positive support for challenging children aged 11-18. Whether shift leading or joining in with daily activities, you will also have a role in the leadership of the team, helping to develop staff by modelling high standards of professionalism.
Applicants should have:
- Professional qualification (Diploma level 3) or equivalent. Willingness to complete mandatory modules to achieve equivalency to Level 3 in Residential Childcare if required.
- One years’ experience working at a level of responsibility with children and young people preferably in a residential setting.
- An understanding of the regulatory framework relating to the provision of residential services for children and young people.
- Good understanding of the needs and risks regarding children in care.
- Experience of taking on leadership responsibilities in a teamwork setting.
- Ability to build genuine and trusting relationships with children and young people maintaining at all times high personal and professional standards.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays and to take part in an on call rota
In return we offer:
- Salary £23,859.23 per annum, rising incrementally to £26,820.55 based on performance.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to level 3 qualifications, children’s right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services. 84% of all our Team Leaders, Deputies and Managers are internal promotions.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification.
For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website.
Closing date: 25th October 2020
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.
St Christopher’s Fellowship has a minimum age requirement of 21 for roles working directly with children and young people in our residential and semi-independent Homes.
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from males and older candidates, who are currently under-represented within St Christopher’s Fellowship.