Nursery Teaching Assistant (Lakeside Primary School)
VACANCY FOR NURSERY TEACHING ASSISTANT
(Term time only - Part time 17.5 hours per week on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours 08:30 - 12.00 Monday to Friday)
Start date: January 2021
Salary: Grade 3 (£18,562 - £18,933 pro rata)
Lakeside Primary school is a thriving 1-form entry school in Tamworth. We are looking to appoint an inspiring and motivating Nursery Teaching Assistant to join our supportive staff team in our EYFS. The leadership team and Governors are keen to recruit a member of staff who will support us on the journey to secure our vision for our school community. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in, helping to provide a first class nursery provision and ensure that pupils have the best possible start to their educational journey.
We believe all children should access an exciting curriculum that allows them to be challenged while developing their skills personally, academically and creatively. The successful applicant will work under the instruction/guidance of the Nursery Leader and EYFS Leader to undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for children. They will assist in the teaching of children and the creation of a learning environment both indoors and outdoors within the Nursery and actively promote the ethos and philosophy of the School.
Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding practitioner with a resilient character and a strong personal drive. The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure the learning environment and resources are well organised, clean, safe and accessible to all children.
- Work with individual children or small groups of children as directed by the Line Manager.
- Safeguard children, ensuring excellent education & childcare.
- Participate in children’s play and extend and stimulate language through conversation.
- Contribute, implement and evaluate the planning of the early year's curriculum, under the supervision of the Nursery Team.
- Be fully committed to Lakeside’s ethos of high expectations.
- Have the drive to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
A completed application form, together with a personal statement, should be returned to Tracey Barker in hard copy format or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday, 6 November 2020 (12 Noon)
Interview Date: Week Beginning 16 November 2020
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The school follows safer recruitment practices and this position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.