Specialist Teaching Assistant
14.75 Hours per Week
Fixed Term Contract - 21st July 2021
The role involves working on a one to one basis with a child in Key Stage 1 who has an EHCP. The post is a part time role, term time only, to offer TA support and supervision both in the classroom and over the play and lunchtime breaks.
We are a one-form entry school and can offer you:
- A caring ethos based on our strong Catholic foundation.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development.
- A happy workplace with delightful children who love coming to school and a friendly and dedicated team of staff who will willingly provide support.
- Excellent resources for learning and teaching.
- Supportive governors and parents.
An inclusive school where staff work hard to develop the creative aspects of the curriculum and are committed to excellence, enjoyment and fun.
You will be joining “an outstanding school where pupils make excellent progress to reach standards that are much higher than are found nationally. This excellent progress is due to exemplary teaching throughout the school and the pupils' own high aspirations.” Ofsted.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Confidence, resilience, enthusiasm and a passion for learning.
- Excellent English skills (clear written and spoken English) along with good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge and experience of behaviour management.
- The ability to build good working relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum and/or with Developmental Delay.
- The ability to manage a child with complex social communication needs.
- The ability to promote positive behaviour in a nurturing environment is essential.
- Qualifications preferred include GCSE in English and Maths, CACHE Diploma Level 3 in Child
- Development, Level 3 in Supporting Children with Autism or equivalent qualification.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please use the CES Application Form attached to apply- CVs will not be accepted on their own.
Due to COVID restrictions we are not able to offer tours of the school. Potential applicants are welcome to phone the school to make an appointment to talk to Mrs Jane McSharry, the Headteacher, if you require any additional information about the post or the school. To arrange a telephone meeting-:Telephone: 01926 428800 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 2nd November 2020
Interview date: Monday 9th November 2020
All interviews will take place face to face following COVID social distancing practices.
The appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS clearance (including a check on the Children’s Barred List) for the successful applicant. We are committed to Safeguarding and follow the Safer Recruitment practices as set out in the Statutory Guidance- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020. We are also committed to equality and diversity.Supporting documents