General Teacher - Southall School
Full-Time, Qualified, MS + SEN PointIdeally required for October 2020, if not January 2021 (temporary to 31st August 2021)
Southall School is a secondary special school in Dawley catering for up to 190 children aged between 11 and 16, all of whom are identified as having learning difficulties and complex needs. Increasing numbers of pupils require specialist support for a range of needs including behaviour, care and physiotherapy.
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary general teacher. The job involves teaching across the whole curriculum along with a tutor role.
One of the core strengths of Southall School is its dedicated staff who carry out their duties with pride, passion and the wellbeing of students at the heart of everything they do. We are proud of the relationships we hold with each other and our ability to work together as a whole team.
Our school aims are:
- To help each student develop their academic, social and practical abilities to their highest level.
- To help each student achieve self-confidence, initiative and independence.
- To create a caring, sharing and learning school community with relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
Our responsibility to you:
- To support the teacher in the planning and delivery of lessons
- To support the teacher in monitoring and assessment
- To support the teacher in understanding a range of complex needs and how to best meet these within a classroom environment.
- To support the teacher in behaviour management
- To support the teacher in promoting positive behaviour for learning
- To support the teacher in aspects of the tutor role including the reviewing of EHCPs.
Our ideal Teacher will:
- be an outstanding teacher
- be confident and competent in teaching all subjects
- have previous experience in working with children with special needs
- have an understanding of Child Protection Policies
- have patience and empathy towards pupils
- have a good command of both written and spoken English
The post is likely to suit someone with SEND experience or a desire to work with students with special educational needs and disability.
If this is of interest to you, please forward a completed application form to Tracey Roberts, PA to SLT at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is Wednesday, 21st October at 9.00 a.m. Interviews will be held on Friday, 23rd October.
For more information, please contact Karen James, School Business Manager on 01952 387600 or email@example.com. Southall School, Off Rowan Avenue, Dawley, Telford TF4 3PX
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.Supporting documents