Head of RE
We are seeking an inspirational Head of RE to lead on the Catholic ethos of the school and provide professional leadership and management of our RE department.
The Head of RE will actively promote the distinctive Catholic nature and ethos of the school with colleagues, pupils and parents and be responsible for providing a high quality educational experience for all pupils to raise the levels of attainment and achievement.
The post is instrumental in providing the lead in the Catholic life of the school and you must be a practising Catholic.
If you are a passionate and motivated teacher who is focused on helping students develop a deep subject knowledge in order to achieve their full potential, we would welcome your application.
Essential educational requirements
- Experience of teaching Religious Education in schools.
- Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
- A practising and committed Catholic
- Secure understanding of the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and Catholic education
- Understanding of leadership role in spiritual development of pupils and staff.
- Understanding of the school’s role in the parish and wider community and in promoting community cohesion.
Successful experience of leading one or more subject areas
- Substantial, successful teaching experience
- A sound knowledge of RE programmes of study
- A keen interest in the ongoing development in RE
- Solid understanding and teaching of RE curriculum at KS3 and KS4
- TLR 1 Lower
- A supportive leadership team and professional community
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive school culture which believes in distributed and collaborative leadership
- Energetic and enthusiastic students
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21st October 2020
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.Supporting documents