Court Progression Officer
Job title: Court Progression Officer – Care Management
Do you have a clear vision of how you can improve the lives of children and young people?
Yes? Then you may be just the fit we are looking for;
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a Court Progression Officer in Care Management and are looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, committed and dedicated to improving the lives of children & young people.
Salary £41,881 - £46,845 dependent on experience plus the possibility of up to £6,500 relocation payment, plus a market supplement of £2,500
At just 18 months old our fabulous teams have won awards for Community Cohesion (The Teamwork Programme) and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards (Sandwell Youth Offending Service). Our Staff Award events highlight the amazing work delivered by our dedicated individuals and teams and gives us a chance to show our appreciation to all who are on the journey with us.
The Trust has recently secured funding from the Department of Education which will enable us to bring our ’12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’ to life, particularly around learning & development in offering development opportunities for all staff.
There are many reasons to become part of the Sandwell Children’s Trust team, here are our top 12 reasons why:
Our recent Ofsted visit reported that ………
- Sandwell Children’s Trust knows itself well.
- It has a robust performance framework which can provide it with accurate information about the quality of practice and the improvements to practice and outcomes for children still required.
- Senior staff understand that considerable improvements still need to be made.
- Progress has been made in ensuring that the first response to families and children in need is timely and, in most cases, recognises risk and the scale of intervention required.
- The workforce is increasingly stable and there have been further reductions in the use of agency staff, with some electing to work permanently for Sandwell.
At the heart of England with excellent transport links, Sandwell offers a wealth of amenities to enhance your work life balance. With house prices lower than the national average and an ever-developing infrastructure, living in Sandwell is an attractive prospect for many.
Not only this but with an abundance of history, culture, arts, shopping and sporting venues to enjoy PLUS the development of venues for the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, Sandwell really is an exciting place to be right now.
As a Court Progression Officer, you will: -
Play a central role as we embed consistent and positive practice in our work with children who are subject to Public Law Outline (PLO) and Care Proceedings. The role will play a pivotal role in promoting and assuring best practice
The Case Progression Officer will work with front line Team Managers, Social Workers, the local authority legal department, and with agencies across the Family Justice System, to drive improvement through quality assuring, monitoring, measuring and tracking progression of court related cases in order to continually improve system effectiveness and outcomes for children.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- be Social Work England registered
- hold a relevant Social Work qualification
- have significant experience and expertise in Court Work.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in this role:-
- Extensive knowledge and application of the Public Law Outline and the conduct of Court Cases
- Extensive experience in completing assessments and making recommendations on how those needs can be met
- Experience of Quality Assuring written work and providing feedback verbally and in writing
- Significant knowledge of legislation and regulation guidance relevant to your role and experience of working in frontline Children's Services
- Strong written and verbal skills and experience of mentoring/supporting less experienced Social Workers
- This specialist role is equivalent to a Team Manager position to enable challenge and escalation as appropriate.
How to apply.
Please click on the apply button:-
For an informal discussion regarding this vacancy and the benefits of working for Sandwell Children’s Trust please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Friday 30th October 2020Supporting documents