Outreach Worker - Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy
Part Time Outreach Worker 16.5 Hours
Fixed Term Contract until 21st July 2021
Grade 7 – SCP 24 – 28 (£17,659 - £20,114 pro rata)
Required as soon as possible, this is a rare opportunity to join us on our pursuit to become an 'outstanding' Alternative Provision Academy and centre of excellence for inclusive education and be part of the support within Cannock District. This is an exciting time to join the Chaselea family as we continue our new journey with a new Headteacher and having joined the Manor Hall Academy Trust.
Chaselea is proud to:
- be a pastorally centered, supportive and improvement focused school;
- have a supportive, forward thinking and positive leadership team;
- show commitment to workload regulation and staff wellbeing;
- teach in small class sizes enabling rapid progress and maximum achievement;
- be innovative, flexible and continually review our progressive curriculum;
- offer genuine opportunity to develop personally and professionally;
- be open to innovation, new ideas and developmental suggestions;
- work in partnership with the District, services and Local Authority for the betterment of the young people.
Chaselea strives to provide an “outstanding” educational experience, delivering GCSE and Vocational courses at KS4, and an innovative core subject and topic based curriculum at KS3. Staff are encouraged to develop skills outside their specialism and to contribute you the combined efforts of the small, committed team that are held in high regard by our pupils and the community. To do this we need a supportive, hard-working, caring and passionate team made up of outstanding teachers and empathetic support staff.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated member of staff as a Secondary Outreach Worker, based at Chaselea and working within the Cannock Chase District’s secondary schools. The position will be focussed on young learners who, for various reasons, are struggling to access mainstream education. The work will follow the ethos of Chaselea and the successful candidate will spend a period of time learning from our specialists in our centre before engaging in the outreach work in the District.
Experience of working with challenging behaviour in a secondary school setting will be essential as well as the ability to coach and train staff in positive behavioural principles. The ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders is also an essential part of the job.
Can you engage young people to improve educational experiences and life chances?
- Are you inclusive, empathetic and supportive?
- Are you solution focused, positive and determined?
- Are you skilled at building relationships with challenging learners and their families?
- Are you confident to adapt, push and develop your daily practice?
- Are you looking to make a real difference to a young person’s life?
If you can honestly say 'yes' to these questions, we want to meet you and would welcome anyone wishing to visit the school prior to application. We have set aside two appointments for tours to meet key staff and tour the school. These are Tuesday 20th October 2020 and Friday 23rd October 2020; each at 10:00. If you would be interested in a visiting Chaselea at one of these times then please email Mrs A Perrins on email@example.com.
Alongside our commitment to safeguarding and pupil welfare, we proactively address work-life balance and staff wellbeing.
This position is subject to references and an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation if Offenders Act 1974.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 Monday 2nd November 2020
Short listing: 09:00 Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Interviews: Friday 6th November 2020
Please post or email application forms and recruitment monitoring forms:
F.A.O. Mr Paul Archer, Headteacher, Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy, Avon Road, Cannock, WS11 1LH
Tel: 01543 227095