Assistant Team Manager
Are you a Senior Social Worker or Assistant Team Manager looking for your next exciting career opportunity? Do you have proven experience working in an Adults Learning Disability team? The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in adults' services and be registered with the Social Work England.
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade 11
The 25 Plus MDT in Dudley provides services to families in Dudley and need an Assistant Team Manager who:
- Is passionate about adults with disabilities, their needs, strengths, and ensuring that services work together to meet their needs and those of their families.
- Understands the importance of good and effective care planning.
- Is a leader that is energetic, enthusiastic and compassionate with experience of managing staff
- Recognises that the voice of the client is central to all you do and operates from a strength-based perspective
- Has the ability to inspire and lead a team to achieve the best possible outcomes for adults with disabilities.
Your basic duties:
- Assist the team manager with managing and supervising a multi-disciplinary team
- Monitor team standards, provide direction and offer support to team members
- Promoting the safety and wellbeing our citizens with a learning disability
- Manage the team’s duty system and ensure diaries and rotas are up to date
- Ensure new staff or placement staff are given adequate induction when they start
- Contribute to the delivery of training for best outcomes for our citizens and staff.
What you need to succeed:
- Social Work Qualification and SWE registration
- UK driving licence or ability to move around the borough
- A positive, friendly and approachable attitude towards other people
- Previous experience working in an Adult Social Care setting
- Ability to manage and support other staff, and delegate work out where necessary
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Liam Perry - Team Manager on 07971920142 or email email@example.com
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; WM Jobs If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
The council has a contractual 3 days mandatory unpaid leave which, for the majority of services, are fixed at the Christmas period. This represents a pay deduction of 1.15% in return for which employees are afforded three days unpaid leave (pro-rata for part time staff).