Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy
Start Date – ASAP
Salary – MAC Band G, NJC 25 – 28 (£28,785 – £31,371) + LGPS Pension Scheme + 24 days paid holiday
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Closing Date – 12 noon, Friday 06 November 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for a hands-on Estates Manager to join our Multi Academy Company, based at Our Lady and St Chad Catholic Academy, to provide effective and efficient management of the estate and facilities in a safe, welcoming and conducive to learning environment.
What you will be doing
You will be expected to plan, help manage and deliver the five year site maintenance programme.
You will be responsible for overseeing and creating the annual maintenance programme and will be expected to manage building development projects. Key to the post is an excellent understanding of managing day to day premises maintenance and health and safety issues and being compliant in the legislative checks for a large and complex site.
In addition you must manage the daily conflicting demands upon the premises team ensuring that they meet deadlines and deliver a quality service to the highest standards.
This role also plays an important part in our efforts to reduce our environmental footprint with a reduction in energy consumption and waste; a priority in our strategy to increase efficiency in the way we operate.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will need to have / be;
- Estates / Facilities management experience;
- Recognised qualification in Facilities Management and Health & Safety or equivalent qualification or experience in Property, Caretaking and Facilities Services;
- A good understanding of fire and security procedure, health and safety regulations, buildings maintenance, contractor management, and service provision;
- A strong track record in process and procedure and budget management;
- Great people skills, including managing a team, working with colleagues, suppliers and contractors;
- A good understanding of the operating pattern of a schools, including communicating with key suppliers, and contractors to effect changes where necessary;
- A commitment to safeguarding in schools,
- A flair for detail, high standards of professionalism, plenty of common sense and strong organisational skills;
- The ability to travel across the sites across the Multi Academy.
For more information or to arrange a visit please contact Daniel Belcher, HR Officer on 01902 558569.
Application forms are attached and should be returned to:
Daniel Belcher, HR Officer
St Francis and St Clare Catholic MAC
Old Fallings Lane
We reserve the right to close this advert early should a suitable candidate apply.
(Please note only completed CES forms will be accepted).
St Francis and St Clare Catholic Multi Academy Company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance