Social Workers - Care Management
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell. As we move forward on our continual journey of improvement, there couldn’t be a better time to join us. We are looking to enhance our Care Management Service with compassionate, dedicated, caring and experienced Social Workers who are committed to delivering positive changes to the children and families of Sandwell.
Our Care Management Service
Led by the Head of Service, our Care Management service is made up of 13 teams, 2 of which specialise in working with children subject to care proceedings and 1 being our specialist children with disabilities team. The remaining 10 teams work with children who have been made subject to child in need or child protection plans to meet the aims and objectives of their plans and to ensure their safe care. Each team is managed by a Team Manager and 3 Service Managers support and oversee the day to day operational demands. We are passionate about relational social work and believe the key to achieving sustained positive change for families lies in the relationships we form with children, families, each other and our partners. Alongside this, we promote a strength based approach to the work undertaken and continually strive to improve and develop practice across the service.
Why work for Sandwell Children’s Trust?
At Sandwell Children’s Trust we are proud to a be a progressive organisation where we all work as one for the safety, health, happiness and prosperity of our children and families and where we ensure this is also the case for our great employees.
At Sandwell Children’s Trust, Social Workers can flourish and achieve their full potential as we are continually striving to safely reduce caseloads and provide essential support to our Social Workers to ensure that they have the skills to make real positive changes to our children, young people and families.
Our 12 reasons sets us apart as Sandwell Children’s Trust is the place to grow your career and feel part of a great team. Please visit our 12 reasons via this hyperlink: https://www.sandwellchildrenstrust.org/work-with-us/
There are many benefits for working for us too:
- Access to our Learning & Development portal offering virtual training programmes, learning & development info bursts, learning events and much more.
- The latest technology enabling more effective and streamlined working.
- Detailed and effective appraisals to strengthen your practice.
- Great career progression opportunities.
- Access to a range of family friendly policies and flexible working arrangements.
Benefits & Rewards
- £2,500 market supplement
- Up to £6,500 re-location package
- Generous annual leave of 30 days (rising to 35 days after 5 years’ service) and an additional 9 public holidays; plus, the opportunity to purchase up to 10 days of additional holiday through our salary sacrifice scheme.
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, this is a nationwide career average scheme and is a valuable part of the reward package for employees.
- 24/7 access to free and confidential employee counselling service
- Access to Occupational Health services including 24/7 confidential employee counselling service, healthy heart, stress awareness and yoga sessions, physiotherapy self-referral, healthy eating advice and much more.
- Access to a range of discounts on products and services
- Refer a friend scheme that pays £1,500
- Wellbeing initiatives and forums
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Eye care vouchers
- Reimbursement of Social Work England registration
As a Social Worker working in the Trust you will:-
- Be responsible for a complex caseload of children and young people, conducting a range of assessments whilst listening to the views of the people you’re supporting.
- Whilst using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met, you will deliver high quality children’s plans in a proactive and timely manner, with a strong emphasis on the child’s voice.
- Empower children, young people and their families/carers by listening to their views.
- Provide written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court.
- You must be Social Work qualified with a good level of experience in working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load.
- Experience of Court Work
- A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Ability to analyse information and make informed decisions.
- Good knowledge of child development
- A clear decision maker and good team worker.
Sandwell sits in the heart of the West Midlands and has a diverse population of 327,378 people. While Sandwell is the 12th most deprived local authority in England, it is a community where our families have high aspirations and where we pride ourselves on equality of opportunity and our adaptability and resilience.
We have excellent and affordable transport links, quality housing at affordable prices and an abundance of entertainment, arts, culture and history right on the doorstep.
How to apply.
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team by email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2020
* This supplement will be an additional £2,500 per year paid monthly through normal salary arrangements, to permanent Social Workers and Team Managers working in Care Management. This market supplement does not apply to ASYEs until they move out of their first year.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.Supporting documents
Grade F Job description
Grade F Person specification
Grade G Job description
Grade G Person specification
SCT My Employee Benefits Officer