Clerking Development Manager
1 day left
We have an opportunity for a Clerking Development Manager to join the team based in Birmingham (currently working remotely). You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £29,500 - £37,000 per annum.
Benefits of joining us:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Holiday entitlement increases after 3 years’ service
- 7% employer contribution pension
As our Clerking Development Manager, you will lead on the development and oversight of NGA’s content focused on clerking and governance professionals in all types of school. You will act as the strategic lead and expert resource for NGA’s Clerking Matters Campaign. Use your knowledge and understanding of clerking to innovate and evolve the services and resources provided by NGA to clerks and governance professionals.
Key responsibilities of our Clerking Development Manager will include:
- Creating, improving and quality assuring NGA published content for clerks and governance professionals
- Contributing to the of professional development offered by NGA to clerks and governance professionals
- Working across the organisation to cement a cross team focused on clerking and governance professionals
- Developing relationships with external partners and stakeholders to influence the status and standard of clerking in schools and trusts
- Maintaining effective communication
- Overseeing the delivery of NGA events and forums for clerks and governance professionals
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties of this role.
What we’re looking for in our ideal Clerking Development Manager:
- At least 2 years’ experience in either clerking at a school or trust, in a governance professional role or role that supports the clerking of governing boards
- Experience of developing and writing guidance and other content relating to the governance of schools and trusts
- Experienced in managing projects and workplans that deliver stated outcomes
- Experience of developing effective working relationships across an organisation and with partners and stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant industry experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant IT skills: using office applications, central records maintenance, remote meeting platforms etc.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise tasks, work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and take the initiative
- Energetic, engaging, confident, resilient, creative and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and negotiation skills
- Willing to take responsibility for their own actions
- Positive attitude, completer finisher mentality whilst working calmly under pressure
- A commitment to NGA’s charitable objectives, ethos and values
- Willingness to volunteer as a school governor or trustee, if not already
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Monday 30th November 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 9th/Thursday 10th December 2020
If you feel that you are the right candidate for the role as our Clerking Development Manager or would like to find out more information about the role, we’d love to hear from you.