Strategic Lead for School Improvement KS2/3
Are you interested in taking a ‘leap of faith’ into a new role for 2021?
The Board of Directors are seeking an inspirational leader to join our wonderful group of schools within The Romero Catholic Academy based in Coventry. This is an exciting time to be part of a growing team as detailed in our aim to ‘inspire, innovate and excel‘ in academic excellence for all our pupils in our community of faith.
We have identified the need for greater connections between our Primary and Secondary Curriculum. Across our Primary we have collaborated on a universal curriculum for each year group that is then tailored for each school. At our Secondary school we have a knowledge-rich approach to our curriculum. This post will look at linking the two together so we refine and review our practice getting the best from KS2 and KS3 to strengthen our curriculum and assessment approach and most importantly, secure a smooth transition from one sector to the other.
This post will be focused on how the core and foundation subjects link between KS2 and KS3 to ensure a smooth transition and progression for our pupils between Primary and Secondary. We want to share the best practice between both Key Stages to consolidate and secure the journey of learning and make a strong start particularly to Year 7 at Cardinal Wiseman.
This post, equivalent of Assistant Vice Principal (ISR 4 – 8), is an ideal opportunity for an experienced teacher seeking a new challenge as a Senior Leader within our thriving MAC. We currently have two Strategic Leads, Laura McGinty and Megan Scullion and this is a third post to a successful and innovative team who have made significant impact in our curriculum and assessment across schools.
This post is instrumental in driving school improvement across the schools to enable pupils to reach their God-given potential. If you are a passionate and motivated teacher who is focused on helping pupils develop a deep subject knowledge in order to achieve their true potential, we would welcome your application. In addition, we are looking for someone who can empower our staff as a ‘beacon of excellence’ by the sharing of expertise.
Please note – we know applicants will have a strength in either KS2 or KS3 but limited if none experience in the other. We will provide full support in the limited area. What we want to see is a willingness to learn, explore another Key Stage to develop, capture and disseminate expertise for the common good. We are keen to build bridges between Primary and Secondary not barriers.
We can offer:
- a supportive, Catholic ethos across our school communities
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community across eight schools
- quality training and networking from strong subject leaders at Primary and strong Heads of Department at Secondary who will work in partnership with you in this role to secure a broad and progressive curriculum and assessment system
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- a positive culture across eight schools that believe in distributed and collaborative leadership
- energetic and enthusiastic pupils
The successful candidate will:
- Have a secure subject knowledge in Key Stage 2. and. or 3 and demonstrate a willingness to close gap in Key Stage where there is limited experience
- Lead on focused projects for tight transition; work with our Year 6 in the Summer term and then follow the learning journey into Year 7 in Autumn to ensure the learning continues in an upward trajectory with a well planned programme for transition for parents, pupils and staff
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner who ensures that all pupils make great progress from their starting point and context need
- Be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and teachers
- Be confident to lead training sessions and network or year group meetings to further our approach
- Be able to coach and mentor
- Set high standards for themselves and others
- Work successfully in partnership with Strategic Leaders for School Improvement on PiXL and Arbor for all year groups as appropriate
- Be committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of our school
- Be energetic, enthusiastic and caring
We would be delighted to discuss this post further; to arrange a visit, please contact Mrs Quinn on 024 76 451888 or email email@example.com – we appreciate this is a bespoke post and therefore discussion will help thinking if you are considering applying.
Further information can be found at https://romeromac.com/vacancies/ and completed applications should be sent to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Monday 23rd November 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS checks.