2 days left
You will be working with a pioneering group of schools for Nishkam School Trust, a flagship DfE Free School Multi Academy Trust. The core purpose is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children throughout their lives and nurturing a strong values-led approach.
The Financial Controller (FC) is tasked with supporting the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on leading the business partnering of management accounts and co-ordinating the financial accounting activity across the Trust. The FC will report directly to the COO and will line manage the Shared Services Finance being accountable for level of performance and business partner with each school lead.
Key areas of focus are:
- Business Partnering with the leadership team
- Responsible for the overall budget
- Matrix manage the production of financial information
- Financial benchmarking
- Other duties as required
Business Partnering and budgets
- To ensure the COO, individual school leaders, and Trustees are kept informed of financial performance of their schools through consolidation, analysis and reporting of monthly management accounts via all committees and monthly review with school leads.
- Ensure new budgets are implemented for each academy and reporting in a timely manner, at the beginning of the academic year ensuring balanced budgets with school leads.
- Assist the Payroll team, (as and when required) including monitoring of budget and future structure and grades to reflect a balanced budget with school leads.
- Analysis of month end figures including comparisons to previous month and previous year and to forecast investigating differences.
Production of monthly/annual information
- To matrix manage the outsourced finance provider and work with Trust Team on variance analysis. Ensure the effective development, implementation and use of financial software, procedures and processes across the Trust (e.g. core Finance and other system developments) Implement DfE and financial audit reporting requirements as per financial academies handbook and structure changes into the accounting processes across the Trust Support Internal/external Audit on regular audit inspections Support with production of annual statutory accounts and liaising with internal and external auditors.
- Lead the benchmarking process between Trust schools and National DFE exercise.
- Support the COO in the identification and implementation of opportunities to improve finance policy across the Academy Trust.
- Other duties as required including supporting IT to remain fit for purpose and financially sustainable. In addition, support funding bids depending on capacity and requirements.