1 day left
£16,270 to £21,048 plus £1,173 SEN allowance
Hours per week: 32.5, Term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Hamilton School, Hamilton Road, Birmingham, B21 8AH
Telephone Number: 0121 464 1676
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 04.01.2021
Due to the continued success of our school, we are looking to expand our team and wish to appoint great Teaching Assistants to join us. “Hamilton School is an extraordinarily happy and calm place where, from very low starting points and sometimes difficult previous experiences, pupils make exceptional strides in their learning and in their
personal development…It is an exciting place to work” “Through the curriculum, pupils are very well looked after by a dedicated and caring staff team. Staff go to exceptional lengths to promote positive behaviour and support pupils…”
Are you an experienced, hardworking, flexible and enthusiastic teaching assistant who wants to join our dedicated and committed team where all staff and governors share a total commitment to providing pupils with the best education possible? Hamilton School is a friendly, welcoming school with a supportive staff team where your professional
development will be nurtured. Please look at our website and, in particular, read the document, “What We Stand For” before deciding whether or not Hamilton School is the right place for you.
A key requirement is to be willing, and able, to work effectively with all of our students in our 12 classes on a daily basis.
Staff are frequently moved to different classes and it is vital that candidates are able to work really well in all of them.
Successful candidates will also:
• Have a desire to work with students on the autistic spectrum with the aim of transforming lives.
• Have a good knowledge of autism and a willingness to learn more.
• Be an enthusiastic, hardworking professional who can motivate and inspire children.
• Be punctual, reliable and have a real sense of perspective.
• Have high expectations of themselves and others and be committed to raising standards in teaching and learning.
• Demonstrate drive, ambition and openness to learning and personal development.
• Be an excellent team player and role model and be able to work collaboratively with all school staff. You will be part of a large class team and the need to be able to work well day in day out with other adults in a complex environment is essential.
• Be flexible to the needs of the school with an “I can do attitude” and willingness to move classes on different days to meet the needs of the school
• Be “radiators” who bring energy and positivity to the school.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding our students.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to have a very fulfilling and rewarding job.
• The chance to transform lives and make a vital contribution to society.
• A school where ‘doing the right things’ is always the aim.
• A hardworking and supportive staff team.
• A welcoming, active and supportive Governing Body.
• A highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
• Excellent coaching and opportunities for professional and career development.
• A very well organised school including well established school systems and practices.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 25/11/2020, 10:00am
Informal visits are highly recommended and there are appointments available on Monday 16 November between 9.15 and 10.45am and Thursday 19 November between 1.15 and 2.00pm Please telephone school on the above number to make an appointment. Download an application pack from our website www.hamilton.bham.sch.uk or email us.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer