Interim Head of School - Saint Gregory Catholic Primary School
Following the secondment of our Principal to a two-form entry school in Warwickshire, we have an exciting opportunity for Spring term (with the possibility of extending to the Summer term) to appoint an ambitious, innovative Interim Head of School to work with an Interim Executive Principal, Mr Paul Madia.
The Directors in partnership with the Academy Committee, seek a creative, dynamic and strategic thinker who will work in partnership to lead the community of faith at Saint Gregory.
The successful Head of School will:
• Be a practising Catholic
• Be able to deepen and strengthen the ethos and purpose of Catholic education
• Lead on the day to day operation of the school, supported when appropriate by the Interim Executive Principal
• Have a proven record of successful middle and/or senior leadership as an Assistant Headteacher/Assistant Vice Principal or Deputy Headteacher/Vice Principal or equivalent
• Be a team player and strategic thinker who enjoys a positive well-being and health; can evidence resilience
• Have good understanding of effective school improvement and system leadership
• Have the ability to motivate staff, pupils and parents
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be able to raise the profile of the school within the wider community and with its partnered schools as part of the Romero MAC (especially in relation to Cardinal Wiseman)
Directors and Academy Representatives can offer:
• A supportive and dedicated Executive Principal who will lead on finance, budgeting, HR, staffing, recruitment, Governance and Section 48
• A community of faith and supportive Parish where all pupils are valued and cared for
• A staff team who are ambitious for pupils
• Pupils who want to learn and to succeed
• A highly collaborative culture across Primary and Secondary where the staff work as an effective team to create a memorable journey of faith and learning for all our pupils
• A Committee of highly supportive Principals who will advise, guide and assist you to improve the quality of educational provision at Saint Gregory
From 1st January 2021
Permission must be sought from your Principal/Headteacher and Chair of Local Academy Committee/Governing Body before applying for this secondment.
As this is a secondment, please submit an expression of interest via email to
HR@romeromac.com. The expression of interest is your response to the question below.
Please ensure that your expression of interest is emailed to HR on the email above by Monday 23rd November at 12pm. Please ensure that your expression is no more than two sides of A4 with your response to the following question:
On October 12th, we launched a new Romero Child Charter for all eight schools; this underpins and permeates our Curriculum offer as an entitlement for all pupils in our schools.
Share how you would implement this new initiative in your term(s)as Head of School working in partnership with stakeholders.
The details can be found here: https://romeromac.com/romero-child-charter
Potential applicants are invited to meet with Mrs Quinn, Catholic Senior Executive Leader on a meeting via Teams to find out more. Please contact Christina O’Neill, Executive Assistant telephone 02476451888 extension 425 to arrange a mutually convenient time or c.o’email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We look forward to hearing from you and to meeting you.
This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.