UPR1 £38,690 or UPR2 £40,124 or UPR3 £41,604 pro rata depending on experience, plus SEN allowance £2,270
Hours: Part Time - 3 Days per week
Contract Type: Permanent
St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Adams Hill, Birmingham, B32 3QD
Telephone Number: 0121 464 6921
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 04.01.2021
The Governors of our ‘Outstanding’, happy and popular school wish to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated SENCO who can make a significant contribution to the leadership and management of our school. This highly respected and caring school offers distinctive Catholic education, where everyone can feel valued, confident and secure.
The successful candidate will be:
- A driving force in maintaining the Catholic ethos of our school.
- An exemplary leader with the enthusiasm to motivate staff, lead others to realise their full potential.
- An outstanding and inspirational teacher who is committed to providing high quality learning experiences for all children.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work with rigorous systems of assessment and use this data meaningfully to enhance pupil progress, lead focused assessment and interventions, and maintain the highest possible standards.
- Well-organised with excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Adaptable and has ambition, flexibility and good humour.
- Working in partnership with pupils, families, staff, governors, parish and the wider community.
- Developing a strategic overview of provision for students with SEND across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision.
- Contributing to school self-evaluation, particularly with respect to provision for students with SEND.
- Ensuring the SEND policy is put into practice, and that the objectives of this policy are reflected in the school improvement plan
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives which may affect the school’s policy and practice.
- Evaluating whether funding is being used effectively and propose changes to make use of funding more effective.
Our children want a SENCO who:
- Is kind and caring to everyone.
- Solves problems and will bring new ideas to make our school even better.
- Firm but fair.
- Listens to people.
- Makes our learning fun and enjoyable.
We can offer you:
- A Christ centred community.
- A happy school with well-behaved children.
- A committed, enthusiastic and dedicated staff.
- A supportive and active Governing Body.
- Opportunities for your own professional development.
Closing Date: 27/11/2020, 3pm
Interviews: Thursday 4th December 2021
Please contact the school office manager on 0121 464 6921 to request an application form and further details, alternatively you may email the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or download an application pack from the school website www.stpeterc.bham.sch.uk. Applicants should use the Catholic Education Service leadership form.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.