Inclusion Support Manager (Hednesford Valley High School)
3 days left
Inclusion Support Manager – Permanent/Part-time Position - 32 hours per week. Term Time Only.
Hours of work – Mon, 08:40-16:10 Tues-Fri 08:30-15:15. To start 4th January 2021 (or sooner)
Starting Salary: £20,218 per annum
This is an exciting new opportunity for an Inclusion Support Manager to join the team at Hednesford Valley High School.
This role involves:
- Working with the Every Child Matters Co-Ordinator to organise arrangements for students in the Learning Resource Centre, the Life Skills Centre and the Sensory Room.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the efficient running of the Learning Resource Centre and to train and mentor staff.
- You will be required to deliver blended/virtual programmes of work to students, either 1:1 or in groups using Microsoft Teams.
- You will be required to line manage the staff of the Learning Resource Centre and the Life Skills Centre.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all students are engaged and learning in their lessons and that students adhere to the School Code of Conduct.
- You will work directly with staff and parents to improve individual student behaviour.
- You will be responsible for improving the behaviour and well-being of individual students by developing approaches based on our existing good practice.
- You will be required to work with vulnerable groups of students in the school (such as student carers, ‘Looked After’ students, students in crisis).
- You will support the integration of students who have joined the school under difficult circumstances.
- You will work with outside agencies and parents in monitoring individualised programmes of support, liaising with external agencies, parents and teachers to explore and exhaust possible inclusion strategies.
- You will be required to deal with extremes of poor behaviour that cannot be contained within a classroom.
We require a flexible and creative individual. Who:-
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Experience of working in an education setting with students demonstrating challenging behavior.
- Has NVQ Level 3 in Learning & Development Support Services for children, young people and those who care for them or recognized equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professionals.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- A team player who is able to work collaboratively with others.
We offer you: -
* A strong motivated team
* Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download the application form below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents are also available to download on the school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk. If you have any queries regarding the vacancy please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Deadline for applications: 10:00 am on 27th November 2020
Interview: Friday 4th December 2020
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email if possible.