Teacher of Science
Age range: 13 – 18 NOR: 884
A mixed Comprehensive High School with a Sixth Form.
Required from Easter 2021 or sooner if possible
Teacher of Science
Full Time - Permanent
Are you an ambitious and motivated teacher of science? We are looking to appoint an innovative teacher, who is passionate about their subject and has a genuine interest in promoting the understanding and lifelong value of science beyond the classroom. We want a colleague who believes in providing a rich and exciting education for our students that shapes them to think as a scientist and develops a desire to learn more about the subject.
North Bromsgrove High School is an exciting place to work and learn, and is one of the quickest schools in the country to move out of special measures in only nine months. It is on a very positive trajectory due to our shared belief in providing well-delivered lessons that lead to positive outcomes in an environment of which promotes excellent behaviour and high aspirations for all.
North is an exciting, vibrant and friendly school, enjoying enviable facilities. Our vision is to enable our students to become confident, ambitious and successful in their chosen fields, by reinforcing our CARE values: Community, Aspiration, Respect and Endeavour. We treat every child as an individual, prioritising academic excellence through continuous reflection and focus on self-improvement across all areas of the school.
You will benefit from joining a large team of supportive and experienced colleagues. As the school grows from strength to strength, our student numbers are flourishing, and the team is expanding. We had our biggest cohort of Year 9 who joined us in September 2020 and the sixth form provision has broadened, also leading to greater numbers.
North also benefits from its location: it is just south of Birmingham and attracts many staff from that area via a short commute; it is also between the M5 and M42 hence providing ease of access for staff travel.
We are looking forward to reading letters of application from experienced teachers, or from newly qualified entrants to the profession; NQTs enjoy a full programme of support, or for more experienced colleagues, we are delighted to be able to offer access to National College leadership programmes through our Teaching School partnerships, including NPQML and NPQSL
We can offer you:
- 9, modern, spacious, well-equipped labs each with an interactive whiteboard and moveable tables. We have two mobile fume hoods.
- 1 bookable ICT suite situated within the Science department able to accommodate a full class.
- 2 well-stocked science prep rooms, looked after by 4 of the best lab technicians you’ll ever find!
- The team is made up of 8 staff including a Head of Science, Second in Science, Lead practitioner, Progress Leader for Year 9 and Head of Rowling House
- Staff teach the AQA Combined and Separate Science GCSE specifications and are expected to teach across all 3 disciplines where required. We also offer A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics as well as a Level 3 BTEC extended certificate in Applied Human Biology. We are delighted to have an increasing up-take in each of our Post-16 courses, especially the Human Biology which has proven very popular this year.
- Strong links to our feeder schools Science departments and other local High schools.
- Extra-curricular clubs including STEM Club, Sci-Fi movie club, Dinosaur Club, Animal Club and a game club.
- We are a very friendly department with a range of experience looking for someone to join us on the next step of our journey.
Ofsted recently reported that our students ‘conduct themselves well in lessons and at unstructured times’, are ‘friendly and courteous’ and that ‘teachers are ambitious for students to achieve their best….’. (May 2019).
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, where appropriate.
Further information and an application form are available on the school website.
Email the headteacher’s PA, Mrs Harris at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 24 November at 12 noon