Teaching Assistant with Additional Needs Responsibilities- ref EX02120
St Peter’s CE Primary Academy
Main Street, Stonnall, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 9EE
Teaching Assistant with Additional Needs Responsibilities - ref EX02120
Term time - Teaching Assistant (Child Specific)
Salary: TA - £17,842 per annum pro rota, term time
Hours: 32.50 hrs per wk
Contract: Permanent (EHCP funding)
Start Date : 04th January 2020
St Peter’s CE Primary Academy (part of St Chad’s Academies Trust) is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teaching assistant with experience working 1:1 with a primary aged child with cognitive learning needs.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to improving outcomes for this child and supporting the family and other professionals. Deliver a range of 1:1 and small group interventions with other primary age children who have learning and social needs.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who is:
* Qualified with a minimum of a level two childcare related qualification.
* Advantage in working within a SEND setting.
* Confident interacting with a wide range of personalities.
* Able to work independently and confidently with children and young people of primary ages
* Able to use their initiative and take on additional responsibilities as and when necessary
* Provide feedback to pupils and teachers in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
* Experience of working in the classroom and delivering individual or small group interventions.
- Motivated, enthusiastic children with outstanding behaviour.
- Children who are eager to contribute, learn and are highly proud of their academy communities that live out their Christian values.
- Professional and dedicated colleagues.
- A thorough and robust induction programme.
- A welcoming environment.
- Opportunities for training and professional development.
- Supportive parents and Governors.
- A principal with a clear vision for the future.
Interviews will be held according to the current COVID-19 guidance but this also means that we cannot allow visits to the school. See the Academy website for more information.
For further information and an application pack please contact the Academy Business Manager
Tracey Peace on 01543 372060 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: Midday on Monday 23rd November 2020
Short listing will take place on Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Interviews will be held on Friday 4th December 2020.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
St Chad’s Academies Trust is committed and working towards equal opportunity in employment.