Grade 5 Salary: £19,698- £20,903 per annum
37 Hours per week - Permanent
The First Contact Service engages with citizens of Staffordshire taking responsibility for the working across Older People, Physical and Learning Disabilities and Hospital Discharge referrals via Home First, carrying out strengths based, outcome focused assessments via the telephone/other virtual means and some in person assessment work across the county for carers and young carers. The Care Act 2014 compliant assessments determine citizens assessed eligible needs while promoting their assets and facilitating their independence. The team employs Social Workers and Social Care Assessors who assess, prescribe and arrange for care to be provided to the most vulnerable citizens in Staffordshire.
The roles being advertised will be part of the Adult Social Care Business support team, who are responsible for providing business support to adult social care operational teams and for providing the appointeeship function across Adult Social Care. Please see https://www.intra.staffordshire.gov.uk/services/Health-and-Care/people/Adult-Social-Care-Commissioning/Adult-Social-Care-Commissioning.aspx for further information about the team.
The role will report directly to an ASCS Business Support Officer
- The postholder will have a priority role supporting First Contact for Adult Social Care and Health
- To undertake a range of Customer Care duties. This will include filtering telephone calls, answering questions from members of the public and other agencies on the services of the team and the wider service.
- Care director systems, processes and pathways. This postholder will have responsibility for maintaining and advising on data quality issues, performance, scanning and saving key documents to a client record. They will be able to run advanced finds and provide valuable insight and reports into performance and data quality around all parts of the business
- The postholder will ensure that the service is robust in key deliverables around supporting payment of invoices, maintaining and maximising customer satisfaction and ensuring the reputation and the sustainability of the financial management for team can be achieved.
- Support Adult Safeguarding investigations when required.
To be successful in the role it is important that you have worked in a very busy office environment and can work well under pressure. You will make full use of the Department’s IT facilities including accurately maintaining, monitoring and analysing data. You should be self-motivated, flexible with excellent time management skills. You will also be required to work from other offices when required.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 24 November 2020
Interview Date: 2 December 2020
For further information or a general discussion about the role please speak to:
Louise Kelsall (email@example.com) (Adult Social Care Business Support Business Manager) 01785 356832/07794 081939 or Microsoft Teams
or Denise Russell (firstname.lastname@example.org) Adult Social Care Business Support Officer. 01785 278492
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts