Streets Team - Exploitation Worker for Boys - Ref: EX02220
Full Time Exploitation Worker for boys
18 months post
Salary: £26,000 pa
The Exploitation Team are looking to recruit a post to:
- Engage males under 25 who have been groomed for exploitation.
- Prevent exploitation of boys by working with young males at the earliest opportunity.
- Hold a caseload of low, medium and significant concerns.
- Support awareness of criminal exploitation within boys.
- Work with other statutory/non-statutory agencies within Walsall’s Exploitation framework.
To provide Street Teams services preventing exploitation of children, and supporting boys identified across the partnership as vulnerable to exploitation who have been groomed for criminal/sexual exploitation.
The project worker will offer intensive 1:1 support, run group work sessions and education sessions for children and sometimes parents and professionals.
The worker will have social work, youth work, health or other similar professional qualification; experience of working with young people, community groups and professionals; trained in child exploitation and experience of working with vulnerable children/families would be beneficial.
The worker must be a driver with use of a car for work purposes.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Application Pack and further information:
Posts funded by Children In Need
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2020
Job Interviews: 8 December 2020 (online)
Please note that this post is for an external organisation and advertised by Walsall Council on behalf of Streets Team.