Care Systems Support Officer
Care Systems Support Officer
Salary: £19,171- £20.344 per annum (pro rata)
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term or Secondment Opportunity until 30th July 2021
The Care Systems Support Officer role provides an opportunity to join a lively established team that provides business advice and guidance and technical support, maintenance and development of the CareDirector system and other social care systems that support staff who deliver social care services to vulnerable people in Staffordshire.
The CareDirector system has 2600+ users across adults and children’s services providing services both within SCC and in partner organisations delivering commissioned services.
The post holders will work in one of two areas of the service
- within our Help and Support Desk focusing on providing first line support to system users by answering their calls, logging enquiries and providing immediate resolution to day to day support issues
- or focusing on supporting the delivery of the Social Care IT System Upgrade Project and this requires the post holder to have a technical aptitude to undertake system configuration and potentially support the data migration workstream.
We are looking for people with flair and passion for IT, strong attention to detail, inquisitive nature, knowledge of social care and excellent customer service skills.
If you feel you meet the criteria within the job description, we would welcome your application. Internal candidates - this post is suitable for secondment, with prior approval of your Line Manager.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 27th November
Interview Date: Monday 30th November
Due to Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted virtually via Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams
For more information about the role please contact: Nicola Gibson on 01785 278165 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts