Not suitable for newly qualified teachers (NQT)
Salary Range: L25-L31
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Priestley Smith School, Beeches Road, Great Barr, Birmingham, B42 2PY
Telephone Number: 0121 325 3900
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1/9/2021
Our governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Head Teacher to our inspirational school that is a regional centre for children with vision impairment. (Please note that we are open to applications from candidates who do not have a background in educating children with visual impairment.)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a warm and outstanding all age learning community in North Birmingham whose mission is to prepare our pupils to achieve their aspirations for the fullest possible adult lives.
We are a maintained school based since 2004 in a new purpose-built facility on a campus that is shared with mainstream schools across all phases with whom we have strong partnerships.
We can offer you our wonderful pupils, a skilled and highly motivated staff team, a knowledgeable and supportive governing body and strong collegiate networks of special and mainstream schools and colleges.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of successful leadership
- Articulate and represent our mission and values
- Understand what constitutes outstanding teaching
- Enable staff to develop their pedagogy and leadership at all levels
- Ensure that the curriculum is aligned to the school mission
- Manage and delegate school systems to enhance our school
- Communicate positively and effectively with the school community and external partners
- Lead in changing circumstances and formulate strategies to deal with them
- Secure a strong safeguarding culture across the school
- Commit to their own professional development particularly in leadership and by training as a qualified teacher for students with vision impairment within 3 years of their appointment
Further details including the job description and person specification can be found in the Recruitment Pack below
We warmly welcome potential candidates to visit the school. Please call Jacinta Hill on 0121 325 3900 to make arrangements.
Closing Date: 07/12/2020, 9.00am
BCC Teaching Application form can be download here
Please return completed application forms and supporting letters to Mrs Denise McManus, Chair of Governors, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.