Assistant Head of Year – St Michaels C of E High School
St Michael’s is an oversubscribed, good school: the headteacher and senior leaders provide strong leadership…morale is high…consequently, the school continues to improve (Ofsted: November 2017).
Rated outstanding for Personal Development and Welfare, Ofsted noted that Pupils behave well in lessons … they are smartly dressed, polite and courteous. They are very proud of their school.
Ofsted also noted the following:
• The school is calm and orderly throughout the school day. At breaktime and lunchtime, [students] behave maturely and show consideration for others
• Teaching is consistently strong across subjects
• Relationships in classrooms are warm and respectful
• Pupils are confident learners. They are keen to do well, they work hard and take pride in their work. They listen attentively to their teachers and to each other
• Pupils demonstrate caring and welcoming attitudes to each other, to staff and to visitors
The 2019 Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools report states, “St Michael’s is an excellent school because of the transformational impact it has on pupils, families, staff and an extended community … The school has a heart like no other school”.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic non-teacher to work within a year group. Alongside the Head of Year, the successful candidate will play a key role in the progress and achievement of all students in a specific year group, ensuring core standards of behaviour and attendance are maintained. In addition, the appointee will be expected to undertake administrative duties, and support break and lunchtime duties in school. You will have:
• (or) working towards NVQ Level 4 equivalent qualification or experience in a relevant discipline (or equivalent) and be confident and competent in using day-to-day IT
• Experience of working in a school environment
• The ability to motivate pupils and a desire to make a positive contribution to their education
• The ability to manage challenging behaviour in line with the school behaviour policy
• A commitment to the ethos of the school
We will offer you:
• A positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in and around the school
• High quality continuing professional development
• A professional and hardworking support team of staff with the capacity and commitment to raise student achievement even further.
St Michael’s Church of England High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS clearance.
Closing date: Monday 23rd November 2020 at midday
Selected candidates informed: Thursday 26th November 2020
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Completed application forms should be submitted to email@example.com
32.5 hours – term time only plus 5 trainings days, permanent
Band D, SCP 9 (£20,903) – SCP 17 (£24,491) per annum pro rata
St Michaels C of E High School, Curral Road, Rowley Regis, B65 9AN
Monday 23rd November 2020 at 12 midday.Supporting documents
Job Description and Personnel Specification