Team Manager: Waste Treatment Contracts
TEAM MANAGER – WASTE TREATMENT CONTRACTS
Salary: £42,821 - £46,845 per annum (pro rata)
37 Hours per week – Permanent 1st January 2021
Staffordshire County Council is seeking an experience waste practitioner with proven experience in waste and contract management. The primary aim of the role is to ensure that the Authority’s fulfils its statutory requirements as a Waste Disposal Authority through managing a number of complex waste treatments and disposal contract the county has, ensuring the operation is efficient as possible and within budget. To achieve this the post holder will lead and manage a number of Waste Contracts Officers.
The successful application will also represent the County Council on strategic waste treatment and disposal matters at the Staffordshire Waste Officers Group. They will take an active role in the procurement of infrastructure to meet the current and future needs for Waste management within the county.
Whilst the core function of the role is to maintain the operational delivery you will also support the Head of Waste and Sustainability and another Team Manager – Waste Treatment Contract and develop a waste Strategy for the future. If you a passionate about waste management and have a resilience and determination to meet the challenges of the future this role could be for you.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, communities and employees.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th November 2020
Interview Date: WC 7th December 2020
For more information about the role please contact: Tim Cooper 07967191476
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts