Principal Sustainability Climate Change Officer
Title: Principal Sustainability & Climate Change Officer
Salary: £29,577.00 - £33,782.00
Closing Date: 07/12//2020
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic individual with a passion for the environment?
Herefordshire Council is looking for a motivated Principal Sustainability and Climate Change Officer who has excellent communication and management skills. This is an exciting opportunity to join the council’s Sustainability & Climate Change Team which has responsibility for carbon reduction, environmental management, active travel and energy.
The main activities include:
• To project manage numerous active travel, carbon management and environmental awareness projects across the council.
• To lead the development and delivery of invest to save initiatives, from initial business case development through to project implementation, in order to reduce the Councils revenue costs.
• To promote active travel and develop initiatives aimed at changing travel behaviour and increasing levels of active travel in Herefordshire.
• To manage the Council’s corporate energy budget and to develop and deliver energy efficiency projects.
• To act as line manager and to co-ordinate project teams comprising staff from other teams and service areas.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of corporate strategies, policies and initiatives, including the Carbon Management Plan and Employee Travel Plan.
• To actively identify, develop and secure external funding applications
• To manage capital & revenue budgets
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
Holidays: 25 days per year plus 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
Pension: LGS pension scheme
Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com