Senior Planning Officer
37 hours per week
Grade I (SCP 28 – 32) £32,234 - £35,745 per annum
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Stafford Borough Council is an award winning council that puts our customers first in all we do. We have ambitious plans to grow prosperity across the Borough while ensuring the area is an attractive place to live, work and visit. This role will be crucial to us achieving our goals.
It’s not often you get the chance to play a part in delivering once in a lifetime development projects. We are ‘going for growth’ with work on a New Local Plan to deliver significant development taking shape, including the opportunity to plan a new Garden Community of the future for around 10,000 new homes. You will be part of an exceptional team to ensure partnership working is achieved.
So who are we? Stafford Borough is the largest district council in the county, both geographically and in population. We have more than 130,000 residents, and the historic County Town of Stafford as its main centre. The Borough provides an interesting mix of urban and rural planning issues, and a variety of new challenges.
We now need an exceptional planning research specialist to fill a crucial role at one of the most exciting authorities in the country. You will need to be ambitious, dynamic, a natural leader and inspiring to work with for our team, key stakeholders and local communities.
The role will include leading on the key projects, co-ordination of development viability and monitoring processes, managing a team working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects as well as progressing the New Local Plan. Recent experience of representing evidence at Planning Appeals and Local Plan Examinations would be an advantage.
If you are looking for an exciting and varied role where no two days are the same and be a part of a friendly, supportive and professional team which helps to shape our Borough, then this is the opportunity for you.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Significant professional experience of planning policy and research, including development viability and monitoring systems
- Enthusiasm, commitment and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Educated to degree standard in planning with full RTPI membership
- Demonstrate high levels of complex analytical, project management and presentational techniques supported by advanced IT skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of statutory Regulations and the implications of national policy within a Local Plan context, alongside Examination in Public / Appeal experience
- Enjoy both taking individual responsibility, leading a team and working as part of a busy Department with ambitious growth aspirations for the future
We offer attractive benefits and conditions including a salary based pension scheme, payment of professional fees, comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) & Benefits Scheme, home working, training and development opportunities.
Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and experience. For an informal discussion please call Karen Tierney on (01785) 619583 or Alex Yendole on (07800) 619530.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website.
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 14 December 2020
Interviews will be held: Monday 11 January 2021.
Please note that if shortlisted, interviews may take place using Microsoft Teams.