Business Support Officer - Finance
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Support Officer – Finance.
We are looking for a conscientious and hardworking individual to join the Housing and Regeneration Business Support team. The post entails the administration and maintenance of Housing services financial, and other associated record systems. Liaising with housing tenants regarding payments and any rent queries
You should have experience in the use of IT and database systems and a thorough methodical and committed approach to work as the nature of the work is varied and diverse. As well as the maintenance of rent accounts you will also be responsible for assisting with the year end accounting procedures, balancing cash income, processing invoices and payments
If you are a committed individual with computer competence, the desire to learn, adaptable and willing to embrace change then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for candidates with;
- Previous experience of using financial or accounting record systems or invoice processing.
- Experience in the use of computers systems including word processing and excel.
- Qualifications or experience to indicate competency in the English Language and Mathematics
- Minimum of level 3 NVQ or equivalent in Finance or Accounting or experience indicating competency to that level.
To be successful in this role you will have;
- A thorough methodical and committed approach to work.
- The ability to relate to and work with other team members, whilst being able to work on initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload.
- Ability to react sensitively to the needs of others.
- Able to keep accurate records.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Self motivated and determined in the completion of tasks.
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme and generous holiday allowance.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Any communication with you will be via email, so please check your email, including spam/junk folders, and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This role is offered on a temporary basis for 6 months.
Interviews to take place Thursday 10th December 2020Supporting documents
Business Support Officer - Finance - JD, PS and Profile - September 2017.docx
Values - one page overview.docx