Ashlawn School wishes to appoint an Inclusion Manager to take the lead in ensuring interventions for students including managing student behaviour are implemented and appropriate systems are used to track, monitor and evaluate pupil progress. This role will play a key part in preventing exclusions, improving attendance, engagement, attainment and achievement and attitudes to learning and education.
The post is very rewarding and is ideal for people who have experience in working with young people who have Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) needs related to their social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) and who are looking to take their next step.
Candidates should have:
- Experience of working with young people with SEND needs related to their Social and Emotional Mental Health (SEMH).
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with students with identified SEND needs related to SEMH.
- The relevant skills to work with students with a range of different abilities and needs – SEND, Looked After Children (LAC), Pupil Premium, English as an Additional Language (EAL), Higher Ability etc.
- The ability to work effectively with the Principal, Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) and the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to achieve excellence
- The ability to support and overview the work of learning support assistants working with students who have SEND needs related to SEMH.
- Very good communication skills and an ability to work within a team
- Very good management and organisational skills and experience of leading/managing other staff
- The ability to liaise with a variety of external agencies
- Willingness to be trained as a Designated Safeguarding Lead
Start Date: January 2021
Salary: Negotiable based on skills/experience
Hours: 37 hours per week
Working weeks: Term time plus 3 teacher training days
Transforming Lives Educational Trust and its academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
How to Apply
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply online today by downloading an application form from our website https://ashlawn.org.uk/about/vacancies/ or contacting TLET HR, email@example.com