Inclusion Assistant (Hednesford Valley High School)
Inclusion Assistant - Permanent Position 37 hours per week. Term Time Only.
Hours of work – Mon, Tues +Thurs 08:30-16:30 – Wed 08:30-17:00 - Friday 08:30-15:30
Start date - 22/02/2021 or sooner
Actual starting salary: £17,029 per annum
This is an exciting new opportunity for an Inclusion Assistants to join the team at Hednesford Valley High to focus on student’s well-being across the school.
This role involves working in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) with small groups or 1:1. You will be required to deliver a number of subjects to students either face-to-face or using Microsoft Teams. You will be working with Subject Leaders, students and parents/carers.
At the end of the school day you will have time to complete and update Boxall Profiles, plan and organise interventions, prepare reports on students and support after-school clubs.
We require a flexible and creative individual who:-
- Has very good numeracy/literacy skills equivalent to GCSE C and above.
- Has NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or recognized equivalent qualification.
- Has excellent communication skills with students, parents/carers and professions.
- Can use ICT to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Can act as Cover Supervisor during the absence of teaching staff.
- This person may occasionally be involved in personal care.
- Has a passionate commitment to raising the attainment of all students in a special school.
- Has own transport and business insurance to enable travel between both sites.
We offer you: -
* A strong motivated team
* Excellent training opportunities and a mentor to support you.
If you think you could make a difference at Hednesford Valley High School and work with staff, students and Governing Body to excel, then this is the position for you.
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download the application form below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents are also available to download on the school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk. If you have any queries regarding the vacancy please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Deadline for applications: 10:00 am on 11/01/2021
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone/email if possible.