Senior Finance Manager
Senior Finance Manager
£44,000 - £52,000 dependent on experience
Hours per week: 37.5, Term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Ark, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Road, London
Telephone Number: 0208 148 26
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: Asap
Senior Finance Manager (Birmingham region)
Location: Birmingham region
As Senior Finance Manager, you will be an integral part of the team responsible for ensuring high standards of financial probity within the Cluster academies. As a line manager and subject matter expert, you will lead by example and provide professional leadership across the Region, in partnership with stakeholders. You will be flexible and open minded in
your approach and be prepared to take on future changes within the Cluster as required.
It is essential that you have excellent communication and leadership skills and promote the ethos of Ark Schools.
You will manage the monthly financial processes, ensuring compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook across.
You will also support the Regional Finance Director as directed with consolidation of the region’s school reports and regional analysis and projects. This role will support up to 3 schools, where there SFM has fewer schools additional capacity will be direct by the RFD.
• Strategically partnering with the schools’ Principals and Senior Leadership Team to ensure the best educational delivery is obtained within the schools’ budgets
• Taking responsibility for the academies’ financial accounting procedures, ensuring financial handbooks are kept up to date and all policies and procedures are adhered to across the cluster, ensuring a clear direction of responsibility for finance managers
• Preparing or reviewing the management accounts and related analysis, posting of month end journals, ensuring bank and control account reconciliations are carried out monthly in line with the Ark month-end pack
• Being responsible for monthly cash flow forecasting and highlighting any areas of concern across the cluster to the Regional Finance Director
To be successful for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable finance management skills, including managing through others to deliver - effectively motivating and engaging team members
• Experience of running effective administrative and financial systems
• Qualified/part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
• Ability to skilfully manage and maintain effective working relationships with school principals and budget holders, governors and other stakeholders
• Works productively in a high-pressure environment, remaining calm and professional
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential, and right to access an excellent education regardless of background, of every student
Closing Date: 27/11/2020, 10:00 am
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal: https://arkcareers.engageats.co.uk/Redirect.aspx?enc=2EhiSIgUofjCb3EPQzt9LDJpiV/aiB7EAMcHSxVUA0j9ufdoA6Oy bsokshFd2r0T&eoq=1
Applications to be submitted by 10am on Friday 27 November 2020 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.