Apprentice Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV30820
4 days left
Brownhills Ormiston Academy
Deakin Avenue, Walsall
WS8 7QG. 01543 452886
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
National Apprentice Rates
32.5 hours per week, term time only + Training days
- fixed term 1 year
We are looking for enthusiastic teaching assistants to support and enable students to achieve across the 11-16 age range. The role requires support of individuals and small groups who have been identified as requiring additional help to improve their learning experience skills and raise attainment across all subject areas. You will work closely with The Special Needs team, together with all Departments, to prepare for, and support the student during lessons and learning activities. You may also be required to undertake supervision sessions in our Academy inclusion unit.
Applicants will possess 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths (or equivalent). The successful candidate will demonstrate clear communication skills and possess the ability to relate well to both students and staff. We are looking for individuals who have a very flexible and enthusiastic approach to suit the varying and sometimes complex needs of our students and be prepared to undertake any associated tasks as required. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate commitment, energy, and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our students.
In return we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued and where there are opportunities for professional development.
The Apprenticeship wage is £4.15 per hour. If you are over 19 years old this only applies in the first year of the Apprenticeship you would then increase to the ‘wage for age’ rates April 2020 (current rates):-
Age 19 to 20 £6.45 per hour
Age 21 to 24 £8.20 per hour
Age 25 and over £8.72 per hour
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos and values of the school
- Be willing to learn
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Can organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Give attention to detail
- Good time management
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- Hold yourself to high personal standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
- Possess strong ICT skills
How to apply:
Application forms are available on our website www.brownhillsoa.co.uk
Completed application forms should be returned via email to email@example.com at the Academy, together with a supporting letter to demonstrate how you feel you meet the criteria of the post that you are applying for.
Posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Monday 30th November 2020 12 noon
Interview Date: To be confirmed