2 days left
Hours per week: 36.5, Term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Saltley Academy, Belchers Lane, Bordesley Green, Birmingham, B9 5RX
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: asap
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Kitchen Manager to join our motivated catering team. Responsible to the Trust Catering Manager, your role will be helping provide the catering provision for Saltley Academy. You will be responsible for the effective day to day management of the catering arrangements including preparation, cooking and
serving of high quality meals together with the planning and control of all aspects of the service; developing new menus in line with food standards; promoting the catering service at all times through customer care development; providing hospitality for functions and events when required; and managing an existing team of catering staff.
The ideal candidate will have Level 3 Certificate in Food Safety with large scale catering and cooking Knowledge. You may already have some supervisory experience but will also have good organisational skills together with the ability to communicate at all levels both orally and in writing.
• an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of professional development opportunities to further develop colleagues’ skills and paid opportunities via the apprenticeship levy
• Commitment to ongoing Continued Professional Development and a work-life balance.
• A family of dedicated catering staff.
• Are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides on-site parking, a generous pension scheme (LGPS), access to a cycle to work scheme, contribution towards glasses and eye tests for Display screen users and wellbeing support
We know you would love it here - our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils and amazing staff.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 04/12/2020, 09.00am
Application packs are available to download from the E-Teach website www.eteach.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (NB CV’s will not be accepted)
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.