Head of Music – Thorns Collegiate Academy
Required for the Summer Term.
A Spring Term start date would also be considered.
We wish to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Head of Music to join our successful Performing Arts Faculty team.
Thorns Collegiate Academy is part of the Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust providing staff with opportunities to progress both within the school, and across the Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to teach Music and motivate students across all ability ranges and key stages
• Have knowledge of Key Stage 4 accredited courses and in particular the RSL Music qualification taking accountability for progress and grades
• Be a consistently good/outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations
• An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Contribute towards Academy productions and Academy events
• Co-ordinate and deliver in house instrumental peripatetic lessons and oversee the financial aspect of instrumental lessons
In return we will offer:
• Music rooms including a suite of Mac computers which will inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of CPD.
• An ICT rich environment which allows staff to be innovative in harnessing technology for learning.
The Collegiate Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date: 8:00am Thursday 3 December 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 7 December 2020
An application form and job description are available from our website www.thornsca.org.uk
Full Time, Permanent
TMS/UPS & TLR 2.2
Thorns Collegiate Academy, Stockwell Avenue, Quarry Bank, Brierley Hill, DY5 2NU
Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 8:00amSupporting documents