£20,903 - £27,041
Hours per week: 36.5, All year round
Contract Type: Permanent
St Vincent's Catholic Primary School, Vauxhall Grove, Birmingham, B7 4HP
Telephone Number: 0121 675 2359
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 04/01/2021
The governors seek to appoint someone who:-
Is happy to work a split shift, working 4 hours 20 minutes in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon.
The morning shift involves undertaking general caretaking duties, including porterage and maintaining the outside cleanliness of the school site.
The afternoon shift involves the cleaning of classrooms and other areas of the school to a high standard. Closing shutters, securing the building and setting the alarm.
They are looking for someone who: -
• Will support the Catholic ethos of the school.
• Is committed, self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently.
• Will take responsibility for health and safety in the school – in liaison with the School Business Manager
• Will be responsible for maintaining site security, including locking up and opening the school site, setting alarms and being a key holder.
• Has a good level of skill in general repairs and maintenance.
• Will liaise with and direct contractors on site.
• Is willing to work within the school’s policies and procedures, whilst complying with Health and Safety Regulations and Safeguarding practices.
• Is happy to be flexible in supporting the needs and development of the school and
St Vincent’s is committed to the safeguarding of children and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please ring or email the school for an application pack on 0121 675 2359. Informal enquiries and visits to the school will be warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs S. Puar, School Business Manager, on the number above to arrange a visit.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 01/12/2020, 12:00noon
Please ring the school to request a pack or give your email address to have one sent to you. Please enclose handwritten letter of application.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.