The Talentum Learning Trust, consisting of nine schools including Churnet View Middle School, Leek High School and Westwood College, is set in the beautiful surroundings of the Staffordshire Moorlands. Leek High School is a well-established and successful 13-19 secondary school and shares a joint sixth form with Westwood College.
We’re recruiting! Janitor required for immediate start…
Six months in the first instance, 37 hours per week
Fixed term, full time, whole year contract
Based at Leek High School, we require one janitor to work under the direction and instruction of senior staff to provide routine cleaning and/or caretaking tasks to support the effective operation of the school.
The successful candidate will require skills, not limited to, but including the following:
- Experience of using tools relevant to the job.
- Reasonably computer literate as you will be using a computer daily.
- Skilled at working independently and prioritising your workload.
- Ability to work constructively as part of the wider school team.
- Good communication skills with children and adults.
- Open, honest and an active listener.
- Takes responsibility and accountability.
- Committed to the needs of the pupils, parents and other stakeholders and challenge barriers and blocks to providing an effective service.
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions, participating, trusting and encouraging others and achieving expectations.
- Is adaptable to change/embraces and welcomes change.
- Acts with pace and urgency being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive.
- Has the ability to learn from experiences and challenges.
The Talentum Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
For an application form please contact Thirza Eades, Office Manager, on 01538 225050 or email email@example.com
Application forms are also available on the schools’ website www.lhs.ttlt.org.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 29th November 2020
Interviews: w/c 30th November 2020