Teaching Assistant For Reception - Perton First School
PART TIME TEACHING ASSISTANT FOR RECEPTION
Fixed term contract: January 2021-July 2021 £18,198 FTE 6.5 hours per week
Perton First School is recruiting and we are looking for a very special person to be part of our Reception team. The post is for 6.5 hours per week initially on a fixed term part time contract until July 2021, working all day on Tuesday or Wednesdays.
• Do you have a warm, smiling face that makes every child feel special and loved?
• Can you sing? The ability to do it in key is not necessary, however the confidence to perform in front of a crowd is essential.
• Does your imagination take you to magical, faraway places that the children want be part of, using only a stick and a piece of material?
• Are you able to laugh at jokes that make no sense whilst helping create a masterpiece out of playdough?
• Do you have eyes in the back of your head to watch all areas of the room and at least 8 pairs of hands to help maintain a clean and tidy place to play?
You must be comfortable with being asked lots of very personal questions. These could be questions about what you’re having for lunch, what’s your home like, who do you live with, the clothes you are wearing, why are your shoes black and what’s your Mummy like? Wiping noses, finding indeterminable marks on your clothing and sitting on the floor is a small price to pay to be part of our children’s development. If you are prepared to be loved, made to feel special and become an important part of lots of stories involving our children and their families then this is the job for you.
You will need:
* Experience of working with Reception age children
*Excellent inter-personal skills so that you can relate well to a wide range of people
* Excellent communication skills
* Have a sense of humour, be approachable and sensitive to the needs of others
* Committed to the needs of the child, parents and other stakeholders
* Flexible and adaptable to change
*Act with pace and urgency by being energetic, enthusiastic and decisive
Perton First School prides itself in valuing individuality and everyone within our family is constantly striving to be the best that they can be. Our team offer support, advice, enthusiasm and friendship. Our school is a great place to work and learn - come and join us!
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 11th December 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 16th December 2020.
How to apply:
Please telephone the School Office on 01902 500450 for further information. Further details and an application form are available below to download. Completed applications should be returned directly to the school by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perton First School,
Headteacher: Mrs Anne Bennett
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.