Procurement Support Officer - Ref: RT62920
Procurement Support Officer – Ref RT62920
Salary: £ 20,697 - £ 24,249 per annum
THIS IS AN INTERNAL VACANCY OPEN TO EXISTING WALSALL COUNCIL EMPLOYEES ONLY
Working as an integral part of a team of experienced procurement and contract management specialists you will provide effective and efficient specialist procurement support, and support on the delivery of compliant procurement processes, in partnership with a range of key stakeholders, to ensure successful delivery of procurement activities in relation to designated service areas/or categories.
You will provide efficient and effective support in relation to innovative procurement solutions that reduce waste, maximise efficiency, achieve best value in procurement and enable delivery of savings efficiency across the whole Council.
- Knowledge and applied understanding of procurement best practice
- Knowledge and applied understanding of contract management systems and processes how they can be used to raise standards, minimise risk, raise standards and ensure continuous improvement
- Experience of working in a procurement/contract management role in a large complex organisation
- Experience of working in a business environment, and providing variable complex support services across a range of functions with a range of different people
- Experience of successfully deploying procurement and contract management best practice to reduce waste, improve effectiveness and generate efficiency
- Experience of working with a range stakeholders in the interest of securing best value, quality services and ensuring continuous improvement
- A Level standard or equivalent, or a business related qualification - NVQ Level 3 or equivalent (required)
Please read the Job Description and Employee Specification for more details on the role as well as the document titled ‘Joining the Walsall Council Procurement Team’ for more details about the team and some guidance to support your application.
If you would like to hear more about the role or talk to someone about how to apply, please get in touch. You can either send an email with your query – or schedule a phone call by emailing Christopher.email@example.com
Closing date: 11 November 2020