Finance Officer - Q3 Langley
Q3 Academy Langley opened its doors in September 2016, becoming the first brand-new secondary education provider in Sandwell in a decade. We are looking to add to our fantastic team of dedicated, hard-working colleagues, who contribute to a wonderful culture of work.
At Q3 Academy Langley, we have the absolute highest expectations of behaviour and politeness from our students, and have several procedures that support and reinforce these ideals.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated individual to assist with the day-to-day financial management of our school site.
General duties will include:
- Maintenance and operation of the Academy’s financial accounts package.
- Ordering of school supplies,
- Preparation of management accounts for month end and year-end.
- To carry out reconciliation and journal procedures.
- Oversee collection and banking of payments.
- Collation of statistical information and completion of statutory returns.
We seek applications from candidates who are:
- Confident in working on their own but will work in accordance under the direction of the Financial Manager and Finance Director
- Previous experience in a Finance or Accounting background would be advantageous but not essential.
- a successful team player
Our Academy ethos stems from the Latin ‘Quarere’, meaning ‘to seek’. We stand for three high ideals – to seek that which is good, that which is right, and that which is true.
If you share our belief that these ideals are a tremendous foundation on which to build young people’s educational experience, with the hope that our students will feel delighted coming to the Academy, then you share our vision.
If you would like to apply for this post, please download an application form, job description and person specification found below.
Completed application forms should be returned to Kate Hutton (HR Administration Assistant) by email to email@example.com or by post FAO: Kate Hutton, Q3 Academy Langley, Moat Road, Oldbury, B68 8ED
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosing & Barring Service Check (DBS), satisfactory employment references, identification and qualification checks, which will be required prior to commencing duties to establish the suitability of the candidate.
37hrs per week
Scale 4/5, Point 7-17 £20,092
Q3 Academy Langley, Moat Road, Oldbury, B68 8ED
Friday 4th December 2020