Senior Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister (Level 2)
Senior Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister (Level 2)
Commercial Contracts team
Salary: £46,564 - £50,427 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
A fantastic and exciting opportunity for an experienced Contracts / Procurement Lawyer to join the well regarded, Lexcel accredited Staffordshire Legal Services Contracts Team within an equally well regarded local authority.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with dynamism, energy, enthusiasm and drive who:
- Should have a solid public sector background;
- Should have a good working knowledge of EU procurement regulations and can demonstrate understanding of local government governance;
- Should have extensive experience in providing practical, grounded, legal and commercial advice regarding a wide range of commercial matters ranging in complexity;
- Should be confident in negotiating, drafting and advising on quality commercial contracts, projects and related issues;
- Should demonstrate a commercial awareness and behaviors applied to a mixed range of clients and be able to ensure that others work to and within such parameters;
- Should be personable, confident and able to build strong internal and external relationships. He/she should also have the requisite ability to supervise and develop juniors within the team;
- Must either be a Solicitor, a Legal Executive who is a Fellow of CILEX or a qualified Barrister.
The role is based in Stafford and the Council operates an agile-working scheme which currently during the pandemic is permeant home working with the option to attend the office and/or attendance at the office when required
The benefits of working with Staffordshire County Council include exposure to new age cutting edge local government legal work in a fast paced environment, flexible working patterns, an up to date working environment, payment of practising certificate, an employee appraisal scheme and access to the LGPS.
The post holder must have a minimum of 6 years’ experience post-legal qualification and at least 3 years’ experience of supervision of other legal staff working within a diverse legal environment for example, organizing / working with other professionals, courts, witnesses, external stakeholders, handling and delivering within a mixed client involvement.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20/12/2020
Interview Date: TBC
Should you also wish to have an informal conversation please feel free to contact Sophie Mcfie-Hyland on 01785 276297.
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts