Paralegal (Level 2) (ASC)
PARALEGAL (ADULT SOCIAL SERVICES) (Level 2)
Salary: £23,541 - £27,041 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Adult Social Care Paralegal to join the well regarded, Lexcel accredited Staffordshire Legal Services Childcare and Adult Team within an equally well regarded local authority.
We are looking for motivated candidates with dynamism, energy, enthusiasm and drive who already have a wide range of demonstrable ability in relation to areas of law relating to Adult Social Care, including Court of Protection welfare and safeguarding cases, deprivation of liberty cases, deprivation of assets, community care advice under the Care Act and other legislation together with some Mental Health Act advice. The candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt to new areas of law.
Any successful candidate will be personable, confident and able to build strong internal and external relationships.
Whilst this post relates to the work relating to adult social care the post holder must be open to working across the spectrum of the provision of Adult and Childcare legal services as these two areas develop a closer alignment within Staffordshire County Council going forward. Appropriate training and support with development will be provided.
Candidates must have a minimum of Level 3 Paralegal Qualification or equivalent and two years’ experience of working in adult social care.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13 December 2020
Interview Date: TBC
For an informal chat or more information about this role please contact Anita Barnett, Senior Solicitor for Adult Social Service on 01785 276088.
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts