Compliance and Surveying Technician
We are currently looking for an Compliance and Surveying Technician to join our Compliance and Surveying service. This is a great opportunity to join a supportive, flexible and innovative team.
Under the general direction of the Compliance Manager as a Compliance and Surveying Technician you will be responsible for providing technical analytical and specialised support to the Compliance & Surveying team.
The main duties for this role include (but are not limited to):
- Working in a fast paced, demanding customer focussed and responsive service.
- You will help us to deliver a first rate service to our customers who occupy a diverse range of buildings from children’s centres and schools to a variety of offices and retail shops.
- You will be responsible for the direct supervision of the Compliance Support
- Assistant allocating tasks and reviewing performance as appropriate.
You will be technically minded, have great customer service skills and a good general knowledge of ICT systems and processes. You’ll also be a real self-starter, who can effectively manage and prioritise your workload, and build links with a range of internal and external stakeholders/contractors.
Experience of current City Council ordering, job planning/allocation payment and charging systems essential.
When applying for this role you will be asked to write a personal statement, please include the following information in your statement:
- Outline your experience and give examples in the handling and resolving of customer financial queries and complaints.
- Provide examples of where you have utilised facilities management software systems, with specific reference to managing asset information, collating data, generating reports and preparing service level agreements for building services installation maintenance and repairs.
- Provide details of how you maintain an up to date knowledge of corporate systems and standards and detail examples of how you have shared that information in the form of training and user guidance documentation with other team members.
Please note we do not accept uploaded CV's. Please ensure you demonstrate your experience and skills on the personal statement section of the application form.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview date(s): week commencing 30/11/2020Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks