Salary: £37,890- £41,881 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
37 Hours per week – Fixed Term Until June 2021
Looking for a new job? Passionate about delivering change? Want to join an exciting, proactive, fast paced Change Team? This is a fantastic opportunity for business change practitioners looking to develop and grow their potential and drive change in public services across Staffordshire.
As a local authority we are constantly looking at how we change, transform and improve our public services to deliver the greatest value for the citizens of Staffordshire. .The Change Team is a recently remodelled specialist team within Staffordshire County Council that supports senior leaders and operational managers to shape and deliver exciting and complex change programmes and projects. We are responsible for the end to end delivery of many key business change programmes and projects, ensuring that key strategic drivers of the organisation are delivered.
We are looking to recruit to a number of roles within the team and are keen to speak to people focused, flexible and collaborative change management professionals who are passionate about all aspects of the change experience with particular focus on stakeholder management, digital skills, communication, solution design and delivery. You will support and drive Business Change on behalf of stakeholders across the business and will be able to respond quickly to the demands of complex change programmes.
To be successful in this role you must have a proven background in the below:
- Utilising and working with one or more business improvement or change management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, Systems Thinking, Agile, MSP etc) demonstrating practical experience with a number of tools and approaches.
- Pro-active relationship building with a high level of emotional intelligence. Experience of change management consulting with colleagues at all levels, developing credible and trusted working relationships.
- Evidence where you have helped business areas assess and understand their problems and helped them successfully improve.
- Experience in challenging the status quo, working in collaboration with partners, driving change activity across a business area or organisation and using your influencing and negotiating skills to achieve agreed outcomes.
If this sounds like a good match to your skills, we look forward to hearing from you. In return we can offer you an exciting and diverse role which is rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and gives you access to professional development in a large, dynamic and supportive change team.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 09 December 2020
Interview Date: Friday 18 December 2020 & Monday 21 December 2020
For more information about the role please contact: Alex Thorogood (Head of Change) (email@example.com)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts