Finance and Operations Manager - TV31420
4 days left
Looking for a new challenge? Want to make your mark and be part of a winning team at the cutting edge of education? Would you like to ‘give something back’ and make a difference to the lives of children across the region? If so, take a look at our website www.ryders-hayes.co.uk and read on…
FINANCE AND OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR RYDERS HAYES SCHOOL
A primary stand-alone academy converter and Teaching School
SALARY RANGE: £42,821-£48,485 new SCP 39-45 (April 20) full time
ACTUAL SALARY: Actual salary £38,545 - £43,645 (pro rata) term time only +4 weeks
HOURS OF WORK: 37 Hours/ full time term time only (38 weeks) with flexible working, of 4 additional weeks across school holidays during the year (42 weeks in total).
Ryders Hayes School is offering a unique opportunity for the right candidate, as Finance and Operations Manager of our successful, stand-alone Academy and high-regarded Teaching School. This new post will complete our dynamic senior leadership group, and complement the strong, forward-thinking and collaborative team of staff and Governors who drive this caring, child-centred and cutting-edge organisation forward, on a path of continuous improvement, making a real difference to our pupils’ life chances, as well as those across the region.
Ryders Hayes offers this extremely exciting, challenging and rewarding role, in a context of financial stability and growth, due to the unique nature of our school and its recent early years developments, as well as our involvement in region-wide government initiatives, national school improvement projects and research as a Teaching School.
The successful candidate, who will report directly to the Head Teacher; will take full responsibility for the financial management of the school, supported by a Finance Assistant; lead on Health and Safety (with support from consultants) and on compliance with the new GDPR regulations . If you want:
- a new challenge;
- an autonomous, fulfilling and strategic role,
- real opportunities for business development which can make a difference to the lives of children across the region;
- full responsibility for the day to day financial management of this rapidly-growing, fast-paced, ambitious organisation
- an influential role as an active member of our senior leadership team
- full involvement in the life of the school;
- an advisory role to governors and the Head Teacher & Head of School on in-school and Teaching School projects,
- to line manage a small team of staff
and have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills; financial and literacy skills and experience in the Academy or commercial sector, then please give us a call today, we are waiting to hear from you.
The new post-holder will be an excellent communicator and motivator with vision, innovative ideas and proven interpersonal and influencing skills: putting children at the heart of everything they do.
They will have extremely high expectations of themselves; their team and all staff and pupils, to reflect the excellent standards expected at this happy, caring and successful school.
Candidates should have relevant professional qualifications and/or financial experience in the academy sector as an existing Business/Finance Manager. The new Finance and Operations Manager must have great interpersonal skills and a friendly, professional disposition to be able to work effectively with all partners and stakeholders and share the vision and values of the school.
Main roles include:
- Liaison with internal and external auditors; banking and treasury arrangements, full compliance with the Academies Financial Handbook including preparation of monthly management accounts on accruals and prepayments basis.
- Maintenance and efficient management of the Academy’s finance function, premises, payroll and pensions; financial forecasting; Health & Safety, GDPR, with up-to date knowledge of these areas.
- A working knowledge of HR in practice as it relates to finance function - liaison with Office Manager and HR Consultants
- Preparation of statutory and annual returns to the Trust, DfE and EFSA in preparation for audit
- Presentation of accounts to governors at Leadership and Management Committee and Full Governing Body
- Effective use of management information systems for budgetary control; forecasting, modelling, bid preparation
- Procurement of services, resources and equipment, ensuring best value for money.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an existing Academy SBM / Finance Manager to contribute, through a wider role to the challenges of the financial management of a fast-growing Teaching School, or for a Finance Manager in the commercial sector with appropriate skills and experience, who wants to make their mark and develop the role. Our school’s ethos is one of shared leadership: based around collaboration and the nurture and development of all our staff, to become experts in their field. It offers excellent CPD opportunities; additional staff benefits: including free child-care and priority pupil places; payment of professional fees; flexible working; occasional days and exciting leadership development opportunities.
If this sounds exciting, then please call Julie Tolley, Office Manager, on 01922 683008 to arrange a video call and informal discussion with Sally Miner, Head Teacher and Jaz Paul, Head of School. Alternatively, please contact Julie Tolley email@example.com to arrange.
Application Forms and full details are available to download from our school website. Completed applications should be returned to the School Office by the closing date:
Monday, 7th December, 4pm or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 9th December, 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service check and previous employment check.