Colebourne Primary School, Stechford Road
GR2 (£18,562 to £20,493) pro rata and term time
Working Hours: 27.5 Hours / Term Time 08.00am - 14.00pm
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi- award winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all of our menus and we are committed to the well being of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As Deputy Cook, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking meals for pupils
- Planning and controlling all aspects of the service
- Assist keeping the kitchen clean & tidy
- Costing, stocktaking and keeping appropriate records
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus.
- To be aware of the care users’ needs and dietary preferences
You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
Requirements of the role:
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a similar environment
- Food Safety Level 2 or working towards
- High standards and quality driven
- A ‘can do’ attitude
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
For further details please contact Imelda O'Mahony Tel: 675 8508 email: Imelda.Omahonybirmingham.gov.uk
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.
Job Description and Person Spec