Stakeholder and Engagement Manager
The Stakeholder and Engagement Manager will be responsible for the development and delivery of a Communication Plan for the LEP with a particular focus on public affairs. The person in this role will provide dedicated support to its communications and engagement activity including: developing the LEP’s website; undertaking campaigns; producing publications; managing LEP engagement events; supporting Board Directors with their communications activities; and engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
The role is key in engaging multiple audiences with GBSLEP’s economic growth agenda and therefore requires excellent communication skills, high levels of professionalism and experience of working in complex organisations. A sound understanding of the political landscape both regionally and nationally is essential.
Communications Officer (with the support of the Head of Communications)
- To support the development of the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) and the delivery of its agenda, Strategy for Growth and delivery plans.
- To develop and deliver a Public Affairs Communication and Engagement Plan for the LEP.
- To provide dedicated support to the LEP’s communications and stakeholder engagement activity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To develop and deliver a Communications Plan for the LEP with a focus on Public Affairs, to include:
- Monthly monitoring and reporting of progress against the Plan.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of activities using agreed methodologies.
2. To establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders:
- These include the LEP Board Chair, LEP Board Directors, senior local authority Members and Officers, private sector partners, partnership bodies, Members of Parliament, central government departments, other LEPs, other national/local organisations, journalists, editors, Government Department Press Offices.
- Proactively create opportunities to raise the profile of the LEP, particularly within the business community and with MPs/key officials.
- Manage relationships with LEP project beneficiaries to ensure that LEP is properly represented within partner publicity of projects.
- Liaise with MHCLG to communicate Local Growth Fund project milestones and actively look for opportunities for Ministerial engagement.
- Maintain an overview of stakeholder landscape – their views and activities and issues that are likely to be important to them and feed these into senior management team of the LEP.
- To undertake regular stakeholder mapping exercises to identify which stakeholders need to be communicated to, analyse level of priority and the preferred method for doing so.
- Record and report on engagement with key stakeholders – including presenting at Board meetings (internal and sometimes external).
- To create and maintain a database of interested parties to receive LEP communications.
- To assist with the management of the GBSLEP Inbox, responding to all email enquiries.
- To work closely with those undertaking the LEP’s press function and the strategic marketing of the LEP area.
- Develop and deepen relationships with key stakeholders across private, public and academic sectors.
- Keep stakeholders informed of LEP activities as well as proactively identify opportunities to involve key stakeholders in the work of the LEP.
3. To oversee the management of the LEP’s website, including:
- Supervising the updating of the website and developing the site on a regular basis to ensure it is relevant and of interest, including weekly housekeeping to ensure it is up to date.
- Working with the Communications Officer, proactively identifying news items and creating blogs with Board Directors.
4. To oversee the management of the LEP’s presence on social media, to include:
- Supervising the use of Twitter to engage with followers on developments and the LEP’s views on specific issues. This must be interactive (i.e. tweets should be responded to).
- Using LinkedIn to circulate updates, create a sense of community on the LEP and develop dialogue.
5. To produce or oversee production of publications, both electronic and hard copy, to include:
- Monthly E-Newsletters.
- Appropriate literature to communicate key issues for the LEP using agreed branding/styles e.g. the LEP’s Annual Report.
- Support the delivery of key annual communication – annual report, annual delivery plan, conference events etc.
- Take a lead role in the LEPs business engagement strategy, working with colleagues within the policy team to track engagement and ensure opportunities for businesses to contribute to LEPs policy development.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the LEPs priorities and key activities across all areas of the organisation
- Prepare responses to announcement/reports, presentations, and responses to correspondence from stakeholders (may include crisis comms).
- Provide guidance to colleagues on the LEP’s tone of voice and positioning for documents they are producing.
6. To manage LEP Engagement Events and support Board Directors attending stakeholder events:
- To deliver LEP engagement events, including the organisation, promotion and evaluation of them.
- To support Board Directors attending other events, for example preparing presentations and drafting briefing notes.
- Prepare briefings for key meetings, events & speaking appearances – ensuring they provide concise key messages, communicate the unique value-adding role of the LEP and take into the account the issues that are likely to be important to the audience.
- To collate feedback from events and respond appropriately
- To establish and manage an events diary.
- To develop and undertake campaigns on specific issues, utilising a variety of communication mechanisms and channels.
- To undertake such other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time commensurate with the grade
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract (subject to extension)
Please note the closing date for applications is December 6th
At GBSLEP our mission is to create jobs, grow the economy and raise the quality of life in Greater Birmingham & Solihull.
Be a part of a proud and passionate team whose delivery makes a real-world difference.
GBSLEP are an equal opportunites employer.